The Home Channel caters to home owners, DIY lovers, décor fanatics and foodies alike.
Available across Southern Africa, the channel is broadcast on all of the DStv bouquets.
We build relationships with our viewers through informative and engaging content which reveals and reflects their lifestyles.
The Home Channel’s local programming strand offers relevant content to our South African audience which then not only has access to the advice and information provided, but also the products and brands needed to act on that information.
The six main content pillars of the channel are:
- Design & Décor – We broadcast a range of design & décor shows from step-by-step home makeovers to inspirational, international interior showcases.
- Property – From buying and selling houses to turning wasted spaces into money-making assets, our content gives viewers all the know-how they need to get the most out of their properties.
- Gardening – We broadcast gardening shows for the novice gardener and landscaping wannabe alike, along with spectacular, international green spaces.
- DIY and Home Improvement – Watch as dream homes are built and DIY disasters are made right. Our content covers major construction right through to step-by-step DIY instruction.
- Home Cooking – Simple, stylish food for everyday living with a hint of glamour for those special occasions. Our home-made flavour shines through with a range of local shows and presenters.
- Health – Our health content offers a holistic perspective to all things body, mind and soul. From making the right food choices to dealing with mental and physical issues, our shows teach you how to live a better, healthier life.
We have a loyal viewer base which is passionate about our content.
The majority of our audience are couples or have families, and are aged 35 and up.
We cater to an affluent, educated audience, 64% of whom own their own homes and many are proud property investors.
Our audience spend time and money on improving their homes and they love to tell us about it.
Our viewers are at ease with technology, health-conscious, sociable and care for the environment.